What We Are Doing to Keep You and Our Team Safe.
We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Our team is diligently working to get our facility ready for patient treatment starting Thursday, May 21, 2020. The first patients we will be scheduling are those whose urgent needs we have been managing remotely over the past eight weeks. These patients have or will be contacted directly by one of our team members. Following this we will begin scheduling those patients with less urgent needs. Please note that Dr. Gagner is personally triaging all patient dental concerns to ensure safe, efficient and ethical delivery of care.
Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDSBC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety. You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your time in the clinic.
First, you will be contacted 24-48 hours prior to your appointment via phone or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step.
Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
1. Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
2. Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
3. Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic.
4. Providing more education materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
5. Installation of sneeze guards / droplet barriers at the reception areas.
6. Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
7. Introduction of an oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
8. Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
9. Record the temperature of every team member each day at beginning and end of work period.
10. Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
11. Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices to access
hard to reach places.
12. New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctor and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
13. Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
14. Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones,
tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
15. Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
16. Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
17. Providing teledentistry services for follow up reports, consultations or communication that can be done online or over the telephone.
In closing, we want to thank you for the patience and understanding you have shown as we all have had to adjust to the challenges of the COVID-19 Pandemic. We look forward to the opportunity of providing comprehensive and caring dentistry for you and your family again soon.
Dr. Shane Gagner and the Team at Highlands Family Dentistry