What We Are Doing to Keep You and Our Team Safe.
Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDSBC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety. You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your time in the clinic.
Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
1. Pre-screening health questionnaire 24-48 hours prior to all appointments.
2. Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
3. Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic.
4. Providing more education materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
5. Installation of sneeze guards / droplet barriers at the reception areas.
6. Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
7. Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
8. Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices to access
hard to reach places.
9. New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctor and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
10. Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
11. Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones,
tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
12. Providing teledentistry services for follow up reports, consultations or communication that can be done online or over the telephone.
In closing, we want to thank you for the patience and understanding you have shown as we all have had to adjust to the challenges of the COVID-19 Pandemic. We look forward to the continued opportunity of providing comprehensive and caring dentistry for you and your family.
Dr. Shane Gagner and the Team at Highlands Family Dentistry